You’ve come to the right place if you are interested in writing for Barranquilla Life.
Barranquilla Life features local stories on places of interest, issues, activities and events in and around Barranquilla. We try to keep our readers as informed as possible about what we consider to be the most important issues in the area, and we love featuring articles on current issues, events and services written by local residents and professionals.
Please read through our writer’s guidelines below. Also, while we do welcome new writers, we prefer to use those who have previous journalism/writing experience.
To pitch an idea for a story or to submit a feature article for Barranquilla Life, contact us here. For more information on the content we’re looking for, keep reading.
With a growing monthly reach of more than 500,000 national and international visitors, Barranquilla Life features daily, web-exclusive content.
Queries: For pitches, provide a description of the article idea, the length (in words) and a date it could be finished by.
- We prefer submissions as Microsoft Word attachments.
- Please include your name, photo and a one- to two-sentence bio.
- Email submissions preferred.
- Articles are automatically archived.
- Please double-check grammar and verify your spelling before submitting.
- All articles may be edited for grammar, length, style, content, and tone.
- Articles must be 100% unique. We will not accept plagiarized content.
- Payment for content will be negotiated with you before we print.
- We only pay for articles that we publish.
Note: All advertising type articles, where the goal is generating awareness of a product or service, are considered sponsored posts. We will charge a fee of $80,000 pesos to publish sponsored posts, and that will include pushing through our social media.
While we will make an effort to respond to all inquiries without delay, we are often inundated. If after that time you have yet to hear back from us, please assume we are unable to use your idea or submission.